Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Inspiration is outside of the box..

My little caskets that I created a few months ago are very functional in term of using them as storage for some dry flowers, vintage paper, jewelry or love letters.. Once I've been to a very old Brooklyn house when I was looking for a room to rent.. That place just mesmerized me with its interior: old photographs on the walls covered by yellow time to time faded "french" style wallpapers; lampshades hang down the ceiling; two cats lie on the purple velvet sofa;  a tv used as stand for flowers; old scratched over boudoir mirrors on the floor and windowsill; Victorian bureau with secrets drawers in and old french commode with a hundreds tiny drawers... I felt like I'm in the vintage store of the old part of the Paris city - every piece is so precious and inspirational!!! 
Even now, writing this note I feel how inspiration is flying around me... Since then I started to work on my own small collection of caskets for boudoir...and to get inspired you don't have to go to Paris, just look around...


Wooden box wrapped in a gold silk paper decorated with rice paper inside picture of  Eiffel tower and dry hydrangea flower . 


Handmade "papyrus" wrapped with dry rose and leaves.


Handmade "cotton paper" cards with golden butterflies as element of decoration. 




No comments:

Post a Comment